Thursday, May 31, 2007

Internet-less

Like in a power outage, you don't truly realize how much you rely on something until you are without it. We switched ISPs recently, and on Monday our modem from the new ISP decided to have some sort of internal meltdown. We are actually still waiting on our new modem to arrive, but managed to borrow one in the meantime from a friend who had an extra.
I didn't realize how much we relied on the internet in our daily life. Without access to e-mail, being unable to update my blogs, or even check things like facebook, I felt like I was falling behind and overall disconnected. On top of that, I'm looking into at-home opportunities right now, but I had to put that on hold because all the info I need is...yup you guessed it...online!
It's bizarre to think that now the internet is a major form of communication and keeping with the times, and is a regular part of most of our daily routines. I've touched on this before, that not too long ago the internet did not exist. And we did just fine without it! But were we more or less productive, more or less knowledgeable? Hmmm...

No comments: