Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Cell Phone Woes........

Ok, so I'm not an avid cell phone user by any means. However, I do like to have one handy for when I'm out to check in at home, or in case I ever ran into car trouble. We're talking the occassional 3 minute call here maybe once or twice a week. So it seemed logical to get a pay as you go phone instead of a monthly plan. I was initially on a Bell prepaid plan, but ended up leaving them as I would buy the cheapest phone card and the dang things expire after 30 days. I would usually only have used maybe $2 of my $10 card by then, which is super wasteful.
So, wanting a camera phone anyway, when Virgin Mobile came along, I jumped on their prepaid phone. With them, the $10 card would last 6 months. I was like, that's great because that's how long it would take me to use it most likely. Well that was all fine and dandy, until suddenly in stores I could only find $15 prepaid cards, and now guess what? The cards expire after 45 days. So basically, it's the same issue as I had before. *sigh*
It's really unfortunate the phone cards have to expire at all considering you've already paid for them. Just forces you to buy more - can you say cash grab?

No comments: