Sunday, May 20, 2007

Am I a gamer?

Ok I never thought I'd say it, but I think I might be a mini "gamer". *sigh*
My hubby got Call of Duty 3 for xbox, and he was playing it all the time live against players from around the world! I was like "why do you have to play that all the time? jeez!" Then he told me to try it out. It's a first person shooter game, so I laughed thinking I'd be TERRIBLE - in the past I'd move the joystick and whoop looking up at the sky, then whoop, be looking down at the ground, instead of looking straight ahead!
So I tried the game begrudgingly, thinking I'd stink something serious! Well I actually turned out to be pretty good at it! Now, whenever we have spare time, usually late at nite, I find myself gravitating toward the game! We both recognize other people's screen names ("yup, he's good, oh he stinks, he got better, glad he's on our team" etc) and we both play a good game, so are forces to be reckoned with! Oh my, is it true? Have I become a "gamer"? LOL
Let's just say it's a fun new hobby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh, you tread on dangerous ground my friend, be careful! I can spend 8 hours playing a game I'm engaged in - mind you, not a shooter - but a deep RPG? You can get lost in and not even notice the time wasting away! Take it from a GAMER GRL!!! ^_^