Thursday, July 12, 2007

See my yellow lawn? You like that?!

My lawn, and many lawns in the neighbourhood are a rich shade of...yellow. No typo there, didn't mean to say green. YELLOW! You see, being environmentally and financially conscious, we choose not to water our lawn. And since we have barely had any rain in the past couple months, the lawn is drier than dry. For such a disgustingly humid region that we live in (well it can be at times) I really am surprised we don't get more rain.
I've grown accustomed to our yellow lawn. It's actually "whoa" when you walk by a lush green one these days, as they are rare, and I'm sure, excessively watered. The way I figure, in a couple months, when it cools down and we typically get a bit more rain, it'll be green anyway. Then white (snow covered). So it's all good! As to those who water their lawn like crazy, they should know that even though their money supply may be endless, our water supply is not and we should conserve wherever possible.
In the meantime...anyone know any rain dances? LOL

No comments: