Friday, April 27, 2007

Exercise for the mind ~ sudoku

When people at work started talking about sudoku, I had no idea as to what they were referring. When it was explained to me, a number puzzle, I still didn’t quite understand! I decided to google search it online, and found a number of web sudoku websites. My favorite one, with free puzzles, is at http://www.websudoku.com. On their front page are instructions on how to complete puzzles, and choice of difficulty level. There is even a capability to print the puzzles on paper if playing on the computer is not your cup of tea.
Web sudoku is a great way to exercise your mind without emptying your wallet for a book of puzzles you would find at a bookstore. Even greater, if you make a mistake, you don’t have to pull out your eraser!
There is a lot of talk these days about the battle against obesity, and how we need to stay physically fit and eat healthy. There is little emphasis, though, on exercising your mind and keeping it healthy. With concerns such as alzheimers, I would think mind exercises are equally as prudent to a healthy lifestyle. Just another benefit to one of my favorite activities to do online!

No comments: